Aerobic exercise. Continuous, vigorous exercise that increases the body’s oxygen demand to produce energy and occurs over an extended time. Examples of aerobic exercise. Cycling, running, swmming, aerobic dancing, rowing, cross country skiing.
What is aerobic exercise?
Aerobic exercise is any type of cardiovascular conditioning. It can include activities like brisk walking, swimming, running, or cycling. You probably know it as “cardio.” By definition, aerobic exercise means “with oxygen.” Your breathing and heart rate will increase during aerobic activities.
What does aerobic exercise increase quizlet?
One benefit of regular aerobic exercise is cardiac muscle strength increases. One benefit of regular aerobic exercise is stroke volume of the heart decreases. … One benefit of regular aerobic exercise is resting heart rate typically decreases.
What is aerobic exercise and its benefits?
Aerobic exercise reduces the risk of many conditions, including obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, stroke and certain types of cancer. Weight-bearing aerobic exercises, such as walking, help decrease the risk of osteoporosis.
What is the result of aerobic exercise quizlet?
Aerobic exercise strengthens the bones and muscles that comprise the musculoskeletal system. Which of the following benefits result from aerobic exercise? Body tissues receive more oxygen from the respiratory system. Aerobic exercise causes more oxygen to be circulated to the body tissues.
What are 10 aerobic exercises?
Higher impact aerobic exercise includes: Running. Jumping rope.
What are some examples of aerobic exercise?
- Using an elliptical trainer.
- Using an upper body ergometer (a piece of equipment that provides a cardiovascular workout that targets the upper body only).
What are 3 examples of aerobic activities?
- Walking or hiking.
- Jogging or running.
- In-line skating.
- Cross-country skiing.
- Exercising on a stair-climber or elliptical machine.
What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise?
Aerobic means ‘with air’ and refers to the body producing energy with the use of oxygen. … Continuous ‘steady state’ exercise is performed aerobically. Anaerobic means ‘without air’ and refers to the body producing energy without oxygen. This is typically exercise that is performed at a higher intensity.
Which of the following are examples of aerobic activities quizlet?
List some examples of aerobic exercise. Examples of aerobic exercises are walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, water aerobics, and jumping rope.
Which is the best aerobic exercise plan?
The 5 Best Aerobic Exercises for Maximum Health Benefits
- Cross-Country Skiing. Do you prefer to do your workouts in the snow? …
- Swimming. Swimming is an effective activity to increase your heart rate and burn calories, along with getting your body in an aerobic state. …
- Running or Jogging. …
- Outdoor Cycling. …
What are the disadvantages of aerobic exercise?
Some drawbacks of aerobic exercise include:
- Overuse injuries because of repetitive, high-impact exercise such as distance running.
- Is not an effective approach to building muscle.
Can you do aerobic exercise everyday?
There is no recommended upper limit on the amount of cardio exercise you should do on a daily or weekly basis. However, if you push yourself hard with every workout, then skipping a day or two each week to rest may help you avoid injury and burnout.
How do you start aerobic exercise?
Go Slow and Build Up Your Energy
- start with a 5 or 10-minute walk every day or a few times a week—as you build up more energy, take more than 1 short walk a day, or walk longer each time.
- go for longer walks (e.g., walk 30 or 45 minutes a day, walk 4 to 5 times a week)
Which of the following are benefits of aerobic exercise quizlet?
Terms in this set (6)
- heart and lungs. • Lower resting heart rate. …
- muscle cells and bones. • Increased ability to use oxygen in cells. …
- blood and arteries. • Higher HDL “good” cholesterol. …
- body comp. • Helps burn calories and control body weight. …
- Emotions. • Reduces stress levels. …
- image and life style. • Improves self-image.
Which of the following does not describe aerobic exercise?
Non aerobic exercise is exercise that is short in duration and does not require oxygen to be accomplished. Examples of non-aerobic exercise include weight lifting, running 100 meters, or climbing a flight of stairs.
What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise give an example of each quizlet?
The main difference between anaerobic and aerobic exercise is how intense the activity is, aerobic has a lower intensity while anaerobic has a higher intensity. … Give two examples of aerobic activity. Two examples are jogging and biking.