PALEO SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
Here is a delicious recipe for sweet and sour meatballs! We made them for a late dinner and added homemade white potato fries on the side.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup sweet potato purée (Leftover mashed sweet potato works great. Or bake a sweet potato and mash it up.)
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or pink salt)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl & knead until fully combined.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of mixture at a time & roll into balls. Place evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 min. (They are done when cooked through & starting to brown.) While they are baking, make the sauce.
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cubes (about 1/2 a pineapple)
- 1/4 cup bone broth, cool
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh, grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. arrowroot starch
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric powder
- sprinkle of salt
- Purée pineapple in blender or food processor (you should end up with 1 cup pineapple purée).
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together bone broth & arrowroot starch. Put into a large saucepan along with the pineapple & the rest of the ingredients. Whisk together.
- Cook over medium heat, constantly whisking, until the sauce has boiled and thickened.
Add the cooked meatballs to the pan of sauce. Let simmer on low for a few min. Serve hot.
Tip: The sauce can be used on it’s own, hot or cold, as a dipping sauce.